This Sensory Hair Brush is Ideal for Your Kids Overly Sensitive Scalps.
Children with autism typically suffer from a condition known as sensory processing disorder. Many personal care activities like brushing their teeth and brushing their hair can be difficult to tolerate, which can cause a personal care deficit.
This silicone hair brush is great for kids with autism because it provides a gentle alternative for what might otherwise be a painful yet necessary activity. Plus, it can be soothing, fun to use, and, best of all, encourage the independent behavior.
- Perfect Hair Scalp Massager: Extremely relaxing for treating high stress/anxiety.
- Stimulates the Scalp: The brush will gently massage the scalp, creating a positive environment for hair growth and improving blood circulation.
- Ideal for Shower Use: Use it in the shower with shampoo for great results.
- Encourages Independence: It will encourage a self-sustained, comfortable routine in or out of the shower.
- Easy to clean: quick dry and no residue for germs breeding, more hygienic than traditional brushes.
- Zero irritation even for sensitive skins.
- Material: environmental protection rubber shell+ silicone teeth
Sensory Strategies for Hair Brushing:
- Brush hair twice a day to build up a tolerance and to establish a routine.
- Apply firm pressure.
- Having the person distracted may help, for example keeping the TV on in the background.
- Brushing in front of a mirror may help tolerance and confidence.
- Use conditioner in the shower, and detangling spray prior to brushing.
- Use firm, downward strokes and avoid light strokes.
- Encourage the person to brush his or her own hair.
- Start with a small number of strokes, such as 5, to make it predictable, and gradually.
*Due to Covid-19 you may experience shipping delays. We apologize for this inconvenience.*
Perfect tool for kiddos. Definitely has helped with teaching and does motivate the kiddos to wash their hair.
I was originally looking for something to help my 11 years old daughter get shampoo out of her hair. I purchase to try it myself first and I love it! It definitely helps clean your scalp but is also gentle. It feels great to get a scalp massage that is also cleansing daily!
Great. Helpful for my daughter who has a hard time to thoroughly wash her hair. It has soft tips and does not hurt while washing.