Essential Calming Oils for anxiety and stress relief
Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) often experience difficulties with sensory processing and self-regulation, which can affect their behavior, emotions, and wellbeing. While there are many approaches and therapies available to support children with ASD, aromatherapy with essential oils is a natural and effective option that has been gaining popularity in recent years.
WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant extracts that are derived from various parts of plants such as leaves, flowers, and roots. These oils contain the natural scent and properties of the plants, and can be used for therapeutic purposes such as promoting relaxation, improving mood, and reducing stress.
Aromatherapy with essential oils can offer a range of benefits for children under the spectrum, including:
Promoting relaxation: Certain essential oils have calming and soothing properties that can help children relax and unwind.
Reducing anxiety and stress: Essential oils can help reduce feelings of anxiety and stress, which are common challenges for children with ASD.
Improving mood and emotional wellbeing: Citrus essential oils can help uplift mood and promote positive emotions, and therefore can help children to self-regulate
Enhancing sensory processing: Essential oils can be used to stimulate the senses and improve sensory processing, which can be beneficial for children with ASD who often struggle with sensory challenges.
Can kids with ASD and ADHD benefit from essential oils?
With autism, you encounter anger, anxiety, meltdowns, lack of sleep, poor focus, problems concentrating...the list goes on, right?
Relaxing essential oil blends for autism have been effective in helping children manage certain symptoms, such as hyperactivity, stress, sensory overload, and anger.
These oils may also be used to help kids who have a hard time transitioning throughout the day or at bedtime when going to sleep, which is a common concern among kids on the autism spectrum.
In the case of children with autism, the oils should be applied to the soles of the feet, the neck, the top of the head, the chest, the forehead, the abdomen, the arms, and the legs.
According to parents who have found success with essential oils, it works right away, as oils can enter the bloodstream within 30 seconds. Within 30 minutes, they can be circulated through the entire body.
This Bright Calming Essential Oil -10ML it’s a safe way to relax your child by calming the mind and bringing on a sense of tranquility.
This essential oil is a blend of:
- Mandarin and Tangerine Essential oil: Most kids enjoy the scent of citrus fruits. Mandarin orange balances emotions, provide stress relief and calms the nervous system.
- Lavender essential oil: Lavender is great for promoting sleep and for reducing anxiety and stress.
- Chamomile Roman essential oil: it is one of the best when it comes to fighting stress and anxiety.
- Australian Sandalwood essential oil: it has a calming and grounding effect on the mind and body and it also can help relieve coughs, colds, and other respiratory problems.
- Fractionated Coconut oil: it is a popular carrier oil for essential oils because it is easily absorbed into the skin and doesn't leave a greasy residue, making it ideal for massages and skincare products.
In conclusion, essential oils may offer a natural and safe way to complement other therapies and support overall wellbeing of your kids.