Bye bye school year!. Activities to close the school year
We always look forward to the end of the school year. It gives us an opportunity to look back and review what we have achieved with our classes. It is a time to evaluate our efforts and the outcomes.
This year has been especially a challenging one. We have been forced to do things differently from other years. That is because the world is going through a very challenging time that has forced people to change how they do things. We have had to adapt our plans and schedules in line with the circumstances we face.
Despite all the challenges of this peculiar school year, it is still important that we end it with some fun activities. A few activities can help create and refresh memories. They can also help your kids recollect what they have been learning throughout the year.
Learning games can be a fun way to wind up the school year. Some games are pretty awesome, yet they have powerful learning outcomes. For example, storytellers is a game that helps kids to develop their literacy skills. This game involves cards that have sentences that the children read out loud. Each student kid has a turn to pick a card and read what is on it. Some of the sentences will crack the kids and they sure will have a great time.
Beach volleyball: a basketball hoop in a small child’s swimming pool
Obstacle course: (Go through a sprinkler, over hurdles, through tires, etc.
Sprinkler limbo or sprinkler jump-rope: Use the flat hoses with holes in them and jump rope or have a Limbo line
END OF YEAR SNACKS
- Whip together 8 ounces of softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup of seedless strawberry or raspberry jam.
- Lightly spread the mixture on flour tortilla, then roll up each sandwich diploma style and tie on a ribbon. Makes 4 to 6 sandwiches
- Place a miniature peanut butter cup–bottom up on a plate.
- Top with a small dollop of frosting or peanut butter and then press on a chocolate-covered graham cracker.
- For a tassel, tightly roll up a small square of fruit leather.
- Cut fringe on one end and attach the other end to the center of the graham cracker with another dab of frosting or peanut butter.
Although the year has been difficult, these games are bound to give it a fun ending.