Ideal for Hair Brushing Overly Sensitive Scalps!
The sensory information processed in people who have autism is different especially when it comes from their bodies during self-care skills. Hair brushing is one of them and it can become a problem if not done daily.
Why the Electric Massager Hair Brush?
- Stimulate Scalp: The brush will gently massage the scalp, helping create a good environment for hair growth and it can be extremely relaxing for treating high stress/anxiety levels.
- Strengthens the Hair: help distribute the natural sebum evenly through the hair keeping the shiny locks resilient and strong.
- Encourages Independence: This brush can be fun because of it vibrating function.
Sensory Strategies for Hair Brushing:
- Brush hair twice a day to build up a tolerance.
- Apply firm pressure.
- Give scalp massage to help desensitize.
- Having the person distracted may help, for example watching TV.
- Have several brushes available for the child to choose from.
- Brushing in front of a mirror may help tolerance.
- Use conditioner and detangler spray prior to brushing.
- Use firm, downward strokes and avoid light strokes.
- Encourage the person to brush their own hair.
- Start with a small number of strokes such as 5 to make it predictable, and gradually increase the number.
- Material: Plastic
- Use: 2 x AA battery (not included)
*Due to Covid-19 you may experience shipping delays. We apologize for this inconvenience.*